Mayrhofen is paradise for mountain-bikers! Countless routes start and end in Mayrhofen in Zillertal. You can tackle the numerous routes by yourself, but we recommend guided tours, such as the wonderful panorama tour. Bike technique training is also offered to guests, where all the basics for safe riding out on the terrain are provided in a fun way, which means rubble tracks could also be a terrain for you. Bikes can of course be hired and serviced.
As a quality-tested bicycle / bike accommodation in Tyrol we offer the following:
- Sports breakfast (fruit, cereals, ..)
- Store for bikes
- Bike racks in front of the house Designated basin for bikesl (water hose, wash brush)
- Cycle / bike info corner with the following information:
- bike map of the region
- 3 bicycle or mountain-tour descriptions with map section for free for the taking
- List of bicycle repair shops + opening times / addresses
- List of bike schools / bike guides + opening times / addresses
- Timetable / opening times of public transport / cableways with bike transport
- Bike journals
- Weather: Current conditions with 3-5 days preview
- Small bicycle repair package consisting of: Pump for all common valves, repair kit including tire levers, lubricants and basic assortment of tools
- Means for washing and drying of cycling clothing or washing and drying service
Mountain bike suggested route: from Mayrhofen to Brandberg
Ride from Europahaus in Mayrhofen via Brandbergstraße, past the mini golf course and at the forest cemetery follow the road along Zillerschlucht until you reach a small tunnel. Now take the road which branches off to the left; this winds its way up to Brandberg. There are a lot of routes in the Zillertal mountains on which you can challenge yourself and really stock up on some mountain air. Afterwards you might be in need some refreshments in one of the restaurants in the Sporthotel.
Touring bike suggested route: from Mayrhofen to Strass
Ride from Mayrhofen to Hollenzen and continue along the road to Bühel. From Bühel you have to head via Ramsau on the main road. In Zell am Ziller (centre) to Zillerbrücke, take a left turn before the bridge, go past the tennis court and continue on Rohrerstraße until you reach Zell cable car, head out of the valley to Aschau and on the same road to Stumm. Stay on this road and to the forest in Ziller, cycle along until you reach Hart. From Hart keep heading for Ziller until you reach the bridge, then proceed on the road to Strass. Head along the stream to the Inn; the Inn promenade to the motorway interchange, take the right path to Viehexport Wetscher and back to Strass.